National Startup Advisory Council Nominates 28 Non-Official Members From The Startup Ecosystem
The National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC) has nominated 28 non-official members on the committee to advise the government on efforts needed to build a strong startup ecosystem.
As per a statement issued by the government, the members of this council include founders of startups like BYJU’S, Ola, Zoho, and Snapdeal.
Members of the venture capital community from firms like Aarin Capital, Kalaari Capital, Accel, Sequoia Capital India, and Softbank India are also included in this council.
National Startup Advisory Council
Constituted by The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) last year, the prime role of NSAC is to advise the government on efforts needed to build a strong startup ecosystem in India.
The term of the non-official members will be two years, and they will advise the government in promoting innovation and growth of startups in India.
Some members of this council that are startup founders include:
- Byju Raveendran (BYJU’S)
- Shradha Sharma (YourStory)
- Kunal Bahl (Snapdeal)
- Bhavish Aggarwal (Ola Cabs)
- Lizzie Chapman (ZestMoney)
- Abhiraj Singh (Urban Company)
- Sridhar Vembu (Zoho Corp.)
- Deepak Garg (Rivigo)
- Krishna Kumar (Cropln)
- Sanjeev Bhikchandani (Info Edge India)
Some members of this council who represent the venture capital industry include:
- Kris Gopalakrishnan (Axilor Ventures)
- Mohandas Pai (Aarin Capital Partners)
- Gopal Srinivasan (TVS Capital Funds)
- Ramesh Byrapaneni (Endiya Partners)
- Prashant Prakash (Accel)
- Vani Kola (Kalaari Capital)
- Manoj Kohli (Softbank India)
- Rajan Anandan (Sequoia Capital India)
Need legal assistance for your startup? Just contact us.